Cultivators and growers face a variety of risks that can easily be mitigated with the proper insurance coverage.
Cultivators and growers have many of the same insurance needs as any business, including general liability, product liability and property insurance. Product liability is especially important due to exposure from mislabeling products as well as the potential for lawsuits from the unexpected or unwanted effects of consumption of their product. Crop and stock and inventory coverage are also very important.
Here are the most common coverages for cultivators and growers:
Stock and Inventory
Loss of Income
Property in Transit/Cargo
Director and Officer
Your Aspen broker will discuss in detail the risks you face and discuss the cost/risk of each and help you make the best decision for your cultivation/grow business – now and should you decide to grow in the future.
So you may be prepared, some of the important questions we’ll ask include:
• What is your risk tolerance (e.g. based on your personal/business finances, how much exposure are you willing to have)?
• What are your gross revenues?
• What is your payroll?
• Do you have investors?
• What is the value of your equipment?
• What current insurance do you have?
• What are your growth/expansion plans?
• Have you had any lawsuits or claims in the past?
• Anything else you are concerned with or want to make sure you protect?